Everyone’s got the same pattern in life. We all get born, get an education or some form of learning or training, get a job or be our own CEO, earn money, spend or save it, and then we have to retire. Life has to retire.
We don’t have an unlimited time to spend here on earth. Making the most of it is what really matters.
I don’t really think we should wait for something that we love to do and be a part of. Tomorrow may never come as they say. Doing the things we love while we can and are able to should really be valued and even prioritized.
Waiting for long years and a bigger bank account before doing the things that we love and find meaningful might lose us the chance to do them. Here we gathered some do what you love quotes that you might want to check out and get inspiration from.
Do What You Love Quotes
- “Stand for something. Make your life mean something. Start where you are with what you have. You are enough.”
- “It is great to do what you love but greater with the great team.”
- “I visualize what I want through meditation. The process of meditating is a great way of making sure I have my priorities sorted. It’s not about money – I focus on my career and the kind of film projects I want to do. Film-making is a passion for me, and my mantra is that you should do what you love, and the money will follow.”
- “Do what you love to do and give it your very best. Whether it’s business or baseball, or the theater, or any field. If you don’t love what you’re doing and you can’t give it your best, get out of it. Life is too short. You’ll be an old man before you know it.”
- “For me, success isn’t even about money. It’s about getting to do what you love and supporting yourself. Everything that comes after that is bonus, unless your only goal is to be rich. If that’s your goal, you’re going to find out that once you have a little bit, you want a lot. Then once you have a lot, you want a lot more.”
- “Some writers are more natural public performers than others; personally I find it quite strange giving interviews. But everyone has parts of their job that they like more than others. You can’t complain if you get to do what you love doing most of the time, can you?”
- “I think more than anything, you should do what you love. If you love classical playwrights, seek out companies or places that are doing that. If you love modern playwrights, try to find groups who are writing new plays or working on new plays. If you love television, watch as much theater and film as you can.”
- ” God sells us all things at the price of labor. ” ― Leonardo da Vinci
- ” The major value in life is not what you get. The major value in life is what you become. ” — Jim Rohn
- ” Earning happiness means doing good and working, not speculating and being lazy. Laziness may look inviting, but only work gives you true satisfaction. ” ― Anne Frank
- ” Desire! That’s the one secret of every man’s career. Not education. Not being born with hidden talents. Desire ” ― Bobby Unser
- ” The big secret in life is that there is no big secret. Whatever your goal, you can get there if you’re willing to work. ” — Oprah Winfrey
- ” The secret of joy in work is contained in one word — excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it. ” — Pearl S. Buck
- ” If we resist our passions, it is more through their weakness than from our strength. ” — Francois de la Rochefoucauld
- ” Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men’s blood… Make big plans; aim high in hope and work. ” – Daniel Burnham
- ” Rest in reason; move in passion ” — Khalil Gibran
- ” The law of work seems unfair, but nothing can change it; the more enjoyment you get out of your work, the more money you will make. ” — Mark Twain
- ” You can’t fake passion. ” — Barbara Corcoran
- ” If you want something new, you have to stop doing something old ” ― Peter F. Drucker
- ” Love the life you live. Live the life you love.” — Bob Marley
- ” Without work, all life goes rotten. But when work is soulless, life stifles and dies. ” — Albert Camus
- ” Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs. ” — Farrah Gray
- ” What is it that you like doing? If you don’t like it, get out of it, because you’ll be lousy at it. You don’t have to stay with a job for the rest of your life, because if you don’t like it you’ll never be successful in it. ” — Lee Iacocca
- ” To be successful, the first thing to do is fall in love with your work. ” — Sister Mary Lauretta
- ” When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor. ” — Elon Musk
- ” Can anything be sadder than work left unfinished? Yes; work never done. ” — Christina Rossetti
- ” Do what you love. Know your own bone; gnaw at it, bury it, unearth it, and gnaw it still. ” — Henry David Thoreau
- ” Hard work is a prison sentence only if it does not have meaning. ” — Malcolm Gladwell
Doing What You Love Helps Find Yourself
Sometimes, we realize that we don’t really know ourselves until we start doing the things that we love. Doing the things that we love can help us figure out who we are and what we really want in life. It also helps us find our voice and our purpose.
Life’s already hard so why make it harder for ourselves and deny ourselves of the things that we love and the things that make us happy? We can’t skip some parts in life and take a shortcut. We’re bound to face some hardships so why not make it easier for ourselves and do what we love?
Doing them alone or with friends and family makes it more enjoyable and meaningful. They also play a significant part in our lives and having them around makes everything easier.
We hope these quotes have been handy and practical. Feel free to save this page or quotes and share them with family, friends, colleagues, etc.