Top 24 What Is True Love Quotes
Ah. True love. Everyone’s got their own perception of it.
If you’re being asked what true love is, your answer can either be different or the same as the next person. For some people, it’s accepting your partner for who they are, flaws or no flaws, and not judging their past. For others, it’s sharing everything to that person and caring for him or her without expecting it in return.
Doing it overly or in excess is fine, but not when you make the other person feel uncomfortable. If you want to know what others think about what it is, you might want to check out this collection of true love quotes.
The love quotes won’t tell you everything about true love, but they will give you an idea of what it is for others.
What Is True Love Quotes
- ” One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.”
- “However rare true love may be, it is less so than true friendship.” – François de La Rochefoucauld
- ” True love, to me, is when she’s the first thought that goes through your head when you wake up and the last thought that goes through your head before you go to sleep.”- Justin Timberlake
- “Genuine and true love is so rare that when you encounter it in any form, it’s a wonderful thing, to be utterly cherished in whatever form it takes. “
- “I love my husband very much. I knew it was real true love because I felt like I could be myself around that person. Your true, true innermost authentic self, the stuff you don’t let anyone else see, if you can be that way with that person, I think that that’s real love. “
- “It can only be true love when you enable your other half to be better, to be the person they’re destined to be. “
- ” Love consists in giving without getting in return; in giving what is not owed, what is not due the other. That’s why true love is never based, as associations for utility or pleasure are, on a fair exchange. “
- “There is no true love save in suffering, and in this world, we have to choose either love, which is suffering, or happiness. Man is the more man, that is, the more divine, the greater his capacity for suffering, or rather, for anguish. “
- “True love doesn’t happen right away; it’s an ever-growing process. It develops after you’ve gone through many ups and downs, when you’ve suffered together, cried together, laughed together.” – Ricardo Montalban
- “True love is not a strong, fiery, impetuous passion. It is, on the contrary, an element calm and deep. It looks beyond mere externals, and is attracted by qualities alone. It is wise and discriminating, and its devotion is real and abiding.”
- “Nothing can bring a real sense of security into the home except true love. “
- “True love cannot be found where it does not exist, nor can it be denied where it does.”
- “People confuse ego, lust, insecurity with true love.” – Simon Cowell
- “The thing is that love gives us a ringside seat on somebody else’s flaws, so of course, you’re gonna spot some things that kinda need to be mentioned. But often the romantic view is to say, ‘If you loved me, you wouldn’t criticise me.’ Actually, true love is often about trying to teach someone how to be the best version of themselves.”
- ” True love, especially first love, can be so tumultuous and passionate that it feels like a violent journey. “
- “True love that lasts forever yes, I do believe in it. My parents have been married for 40 years and my grandparents were married for 70 years. I come from a long line of true loves. “
- ” Fairy tales are stories of triumph and transformation and true love, all things I fervently believe in. “
- “My brothers and sisters, true love is a reflection of the Savior’s love. In December of each year, we call it the Christmas spirit. You can hear it. You can see it. You can feel it.”
- “True love makes the thought of death frequent, easy, without terrors; it merely becomes the standard of comparison, the price one would pay for many things.” – Stendhal
- ” Fairytales work on two levels. On a conscious level, they are stories of true love and triumph and overcoming difficult odds and so are pleasurable to read. But they work on a deeper and symbolic level in that they play out our universal psychological dramas and hidden desires and fears. “
- “You don’t have to dumb down, you just have to find a clever, good, secure man. I’ve found a couple, I’ve been lucky, but it’s probably hard for everybody to find that true love of a good man. “
- “Just because an individual in his 30s hasn’t found true love and, yes, there are opportunities to date but it also forces you to be more particular. In so many ways, you become more adamant about finding that right person and not allowing yourself to open up to just anybody. “
- “We’re brought up to believe in a fairytale-romance sort of way that true love is out there and true loves don’t care about what you look like and stuff, just what’s down inside. And that’s probably true, but what’s also true, sadly, is that true loves are very rare and very hard to find. “– Mark Waid
- “I love acting. Acting is a true love of mine, acting, and math. Although they are both creative, they use very different sides of your brain. And I love both. Acting is my first love, and that’s my main career, it really is.”
Without True Love Life Is Nothing
I don’t think there’s one person on earth that has never given or felt love even the slightest. While there are others who prefer living without a partner, those that live with a partner prefer sharing their pain or sorrow with their other half.
True love is always pure and absolute. Some try to find it while others create it themselves. We hope this collection of true love quotes will give you an idea of how others see it, if not give you an inspiration.
If you know someone looking for a good love quote, then don’t hesitate to share these with others.